Career Level Others
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
From $35.47 an hour
Teaching: 5 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Seeking Part-Time, Experienced Science Educator, beginning August, 2021
Star Academy is seeking a dynamic and experienced middle and high school level part-time Science educator to develop and implement a Science program in concert with a mentor. Our Science program is a vital component that fosters open-ended inquiry and student-to-student discourse to help students build scientific models to understand the world around them.
Job Title: Upper School Science Instructor.
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Organization and excellent communication skills that cultivate positive relationships, equity, and understanding in a diverse community.
- Exhibit a collaborative approach to create, modify, and implement science learning goals and objectives that are informed by the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Ability to work with all administrators, teachers, and students with professionalism, dignity, respect, and care in all situations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support and model the mission and founding documents of Star Academy.
- Creatively and flexibly implement a Science curriculum and lessons as student needs are observed and assessed both formatively and summatively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced Degree in Science or Science Education.
- A minimum of 5 years teaching high school level science classes.
- Previous experience teaching multiple science disciplines such as biology, chemistry, physics, environmental issues, etc.
- Familiarity and experience working and teaching with online platforms including Zoom, NEO or other comparable platforms.
- Experience with and knowledge of STEM, inquiry-based learning, and student-centered instructional design.
- Applicants with modeling instruction training or experience are encouraged to apply. Experience with the Singapore model method for math is a plus but only as they are able to apply the concepts and methods to science.
- Part-Time, 20-35 hours/week.
- Starting rate with a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience is $35.47; adjusted based on education and experience.
- 10.5 month appointment with option for additional 0.5 months for professional development and staff collaboration during summer break.
- During the 10.5 month appointment, paid holidays.
Only candidates that submit a cover letter, resume and meet the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements, above, will be considered.